We interrupt this regularly scheduled bookish post for a special edition Star Wars post! (Translation: I just saw The Last Jedi and need to talk about it.) There are no spoilers here, so feel free to read it before you see the movie.
- The main focus of the movie is figuring out who everyone is meant to be and how they have lived up others’ expectations (or not). Where did Rey come from? Will she turn to the Dark Side? Will Kylo turn to the Light? What exactly does Luke mean when he says “its time for the Jedi to end?”
- I loved the humor. I admit, its been a long time since I saw the other movies and I forgot how funny they were. It definitely helped lighten the mood, since this movie gets pretty dark in places.
- So many female characters played major roles in the story! They were different ranks within the rebellion, and they were all pretty BA.
- It was a looong movie. It felt that way, at least. The Last Jedi was two and a half hours, and I often get a little antsy with long movies like that. Which is why I bring my knitting. However, I made a mistake about a half hour in, so there went that.
- I want a porg. Maybe even a herd of porgs. They do nothing to advance the plot but they are SO STINKING ADORABLE I CAN’T EVEN.
- I also want to read all the Star Wars books. And watch Clone Wars. And just learn more about the Star Wars universe in general.
- Can I have a lightsaber, too? I’m already working on learning bo staff so I can be Rey. Now I need to learn swordfighting and acquire a lightsaber. No big deal.
- Can we talk about the previews for a second? Because OMG those previews! I officially cannot wait for A Wrinkle in Time, Ready Player One, or Avengers: Infinity War.
- Leia. I had so many feels every time she was on-screen. In several scenes, I couldn’t help but read more into them than what was intended. I can’t imagine the series without her.
Have you seen Star Wars: The Last Jedi yet?
What did you think? I want to see it again to form a more solid opinion and would love to hear your thoughts. Let me know in the comments!